CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Okay... I give in. I am joining the world of blogging!!!

I have a confession.



For quite some time now, I have been blogstalking other people's blogs.



I was quite surprised just how many people have a blog. I never really felt I had all that much to say. And really........ I am just not an eloquent writer. I am much more of a math and science kind of person. I guess that is why I am a nurse. I don't practice nursing anymore. At least not outside our home. I am a stay-at-home-mom / domestic engineer. Wouldn't trade it for my former career. However, I do have many stories from my workin girl days(hey there's an idea for a future post). And when I say workin girl I mean... time card, clock in, paycheck thing. I do still work, it is just different now.



But back to blogs....



I never really thought that I had all that much to say and journal about. Most of the time I just check friends and new friends blogs and I realized that every so often, I wanted to comment. I actually created an account to try and win a contest on an old friend's blog. I made my first two comments. I was hooked. Oh, and I didn't win.



I am still trying to figure out how to work everything and that is taking me some time. Hopefully soon I can figure out how to add pictures and other fun stuff.



So, here is my first post.



Happy Valentine's Day!!

7 comments:

brickmomma said...

yay!!!

good job!

happy Valentine's day!

Jennifer Bacak said...

Way to go Laurie!
I will help you learn the blogging ropes as best I know how.
If Heather hadn't helped me, I would still be blog retarded today.
Looking forward to more posts.
jenn

Susan said...

Hey, Laurie !!! I joined so that I could leave you a comment. Are you proud of me?

Susan

Melodi said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Laurie! How fun!

Melodi

Oh, and my comments always say the name "John Mark" or "John Mark and Andy" at the top, because my oldest son and his friend took over my google account!

Hendrick Family said...

Look at you!

Can't wait to keep up with you.

Heather

brickmomma said...

Love the background change!!

Cheri said...

It's late and I'm exhausted from the Brownie meeting. I've set my links up on my page which includes you as you will see. Call me tomorrow afternoon. I have mops in the morning :)